Group Health Cooperative of Washington
Group Health Cooperative, popularly known as Group Health, was established in 1947 and is one of the largest private employers in Washington State; the company serves more than 629,000 residents in Washington and Idaho.
Group Health is comprised of two subsidiary health carriers, Health Options, Inc., and KPS Health Plans. It is one of the few remaining non-profit health care organizations in the country that is governed by its members.
Group Health of Washington is known for their individual and family plans, and also for their dedication to making high-quality health care affordable. Their plans offer a broad range of health care benefits and providers to suit every lifestyle.
Access to Doctors and Other Health Care Providers
Group Health of Washington primarily deals with patient care provided by Group Health physicians, doctors and other clinicians. In the event that the area in which you live does not have a Group Health medical facility, the company is affiliated with 9,000 other community clinicians and about 41 hospitals that will also cater to the health care needs of their members.
If you have an Alliant Plus plan with Group Health, members are allowed access to providers from the First Choice Health and Beach Street networks, and to MedImpact pharmacies.
Health Perks for Group Health Members
Take advantage of discounts and health programs offered by Group Health Cooperative:
- Quit for Life – A smoking cessation program.
- Eye Care Service Discounts – Members get substantial discounts on eyeglasses, contact lenses, frames and other services. Special discounts are given to retirees, military and federal employees.
- Alternative Therapy Discounts – With Complimentary Choices, members can enjoy a 20 percent discount on alternative therapies. No referrals are needed.
- GlobalFit® – Offers you discounts on more than 10,000 fitness clubs nationwide.
- Classes and Events – Various classes are available to help deal with diabetes, depression and many other conditions.
- Healthwise® Knowledgebase – A health care library where you can research your medications and much more.
- Travel Advisory Service – Get information on the immunizations you’ll need when planning to visit another country.
- Consulting Nurse Service – Provides advice on whether you need immediate medical attention. This service is available 24/7.
- MyGroupHealth – An online account that Group Health members can access to email doctors, schedule appointments, refill prescriptions, review medical records, and more.
Applying for Coverage
If you want to get information and rates on the plans offered by Group Health of Washington and other carriers, it is easy to request a quote on our Instant Quotes page. Once you’ve found the health insurance plan that meets your needs, click the “Apply” button. The entire application process should only take about 10 minutes of your time.
You may also call us at 800-913-0172 if you want to apply over the phone or need advice in finding the best plan for your situation. One of our independent Personal Benefits Consultants can help you, at no charge!
Awards and Recognition
Group Health of Washington is guided by its mission to deliver high-quality health care coverage that is affordable. The National Committee for Quality Assurance’s Health Insurance Plan Rankings for 2011-12 ranked Group Health’s health insurance plans 56th out of the 483 plans examined.
The American Medical Group Association (AMGA) awarded Group Health Physicians its 2010 Acclaim Award, which honors medical groups making the furthest strides in improving the overall health care process for patients. This is the first time a medical group has received this prestigious award on its first try.
Group Health of Washington has a B++ (Good) financial rating from the independent insurance rating organization A.M. Best Company.
HSA for America is an independent, authorized Group Health agent in Washington.
Group Health of Washington